Watch the recorded webinar on how to use Employee Experience as driving factor for Service Improvement.
1. Employee Experience as driving factor for Service Improvement Might as well do my morning yoga while waiting for support to fix it. Not like anyone cares?!?
2. Agenda, 45min + Q&A Brief Intro Case #1: Getting enough feedback volume Case #2: Portal or Email, how to justify? Case #3: Where are you doing worse than others? Case #4: Learn with employee profiles Q&A, Please write questions into the questions section during the presentation! Pasi Nikkanen Chief Product Officer, HappyNow firstname.lastname@example.org +358 44 548 0000
3. Our vision is to change how Service Management measures service performance. 1. Concrete way to develop services from the employees point of view 2. Make provider and customer work together towards common goal. 3. Motivated support personnel, who can daily learn from employee feedback. Aug 2016 200.000 employees +1200 daily feedbacks technology partner WE ARE HappyNow
4. Employee value = + +52 2 h 51 min HappyBenchmark for IT Incident Calculated from over 300.000 feedbacks Happiness Lost Work Time
5. Common targets for all parties – IT, Business, Provider Service Desk SLAs Focus on Provider’s Service Desk performance violations. Happy SLA Focus on Customer’s service improvement and development from employees point-of-view. vs +
6. #1 Getting enough volume Less emails and increased conversions.
7. Normal Email Workflow vs. HappyNow • Target is to increase conversion (response rate) and reduce email SPAM users are receiving. Resolved Closed Survey 1st Reminder 2nd Reminder # emails during process before resolution Approval Closed Survey # emails during process before resolution Incidents Requests 1st Reminder 2nd Reminder HappyNow for both # emails during process before resolution Approve by rating Replace Resolved/Approval notifications with HappyNow notification and deactivate everything after that. HappyNow will close ticket automatically after user rating, but you can retain your automatic closing workflow if user doesn’t answer.
8. Let’s learn from consumer world. Bad. Looks scary, don’t have “few minutes”. Forget it.
9. Let’s learn from consumer world. Good.
10. Before HappyNow companies tell us less than 10% Lowest response rate for HappyNow is 29% Highest is 65% 15x is the largest increase we have seen.
11. #2 Portal or Email, how to justify? Do you know how much work time is lost in each channel?
12. Insight with HappyNow You are able to focus development “I can finally see how experience is linked into delivered services, offerings, channels and more… not just SD performance.”
13. CHAT ONSITE EMAIL PHONE SELF-SERVICE PORTAL Business Case to close down email and move to self-service portal: On average each email ticket creates 2h 51min lost work time more than Self- service Portal. Let’s use 2,5h to simplify. Used internal price 50 €/h Actual ticket volume 200 (30% response rate). (2,5 * 50 €) * 200 = 25.000 € / month. 300.000 € / YEAR Based on HappyNow data (actual numbers, 30 days in company with less than 1500 tickets / month)
14. #3 Benchmark Comparison Is our number good or bad?
15. Analysis is time consuming? • Freetext comments require analysing • Categorising them is laborious
16. Factors reported in realtime, always Our ServiceNow App Factors give you quick insight into the things which are working and things that are not working in the service experience.
17. But how do you compare to others? Our Cloud Reporting service Huge differences compared to benchmark value show that there is something worth investigating.
18. #4 Learn with Employee Profiles HappyNow Support Profile help you understand your employees.
19. Employees are different • Employee profiles are used to identify how to provide good service to different types of people in your organisation. • Profiles are presented in a matrix of 2-axis Doer Competent / Confident Trier Incompetent / Unconfident Act / Do It Myself Ask / Do It For Me Prioritiser Supported
20. Know how people divide into profiles TRIER 13% DOER 49% PRIORITISER 31% SUPPORTED 7% +68 0 h 37 min 49 % 31 % 7 % 13 % 1094 replies +61 4 h 6 min +70 3 h 4 min +82 2 h 3 min
21. • Clear and easy self-help • Values personal help even more than other profiles – in this way learns • Efficient and easy to find assistance • Wants to learn how to solve things and where to find help and then share that with others. • Wants to communicate but has problem contacting new people • Talks about the services in ‘good’ and ‘bad’. • Blog / tips / updates on current common problems I am a Trier ”I at least rebooted the computer and tried to figure out the problem on my own.” • Does not have the patience to find the Ask & Share or self-help instructions often exist in several locations • ICT language challenge • Might come to wrong conclusions and confuse the helper • There is no clear preferred method for solving a problem. • Typical Trier requests only one or two Doers or other helpers, but if instructed they are willing to also contact other experts (Finding the Key User search is a good start) EXTROVERT / INTROVERT COMPETENT / UNCOMPETEND RULE ORIENTENT / REBELLIOUS PATIENT / IMPATIENT VALUE CREATION BOTTLENECKS
22. Using the profiles Doer 49% Supported 7% vs. ”I try to solve problems myself and also Google for solutions. People often ask me for help, sometimes I advice them, but often it’s just quicker to fix it myself.” Example Development Decision: Provide self help or not? Without understanding what the volume of users in different profiles is, how would you decide which route to take? ”I have one number to call and that’s the only thing I need to know” You can now with more confidence decide that you need to start improving the self-healing tools, since 49% of your employees would like to use them.
23. brings you 1. Concrete way to prove business value of employee experience. 2. Make provider and customer work together towards common goal. 3. Motivated support personnel, who can daily learn from employee feedback.
24. Q&A Next months webinar topic: Motivating Service Desk agents to create better employee experience. Sign-up to newsletter to get invite at http://happynowltd.com/ Meet us at: ITSMf UK Sofitel London Heathrow 21st – 22nd Nov Stand # 01 Meet us at: ITSMf Finland Crownplaza, Helsinki 10th Nov
25. I’m told to just close tickets as fast as possible… Service Desk Personnel Before Weekly meeting agenda: complaints, complaints.. How can I explain to my manager that it’s the service that people are complaining about??
26. After Great to start morning with positive feedbacks!
27. Hey Jack, What’s your score today? I’m +58! +72 +70 +63 After
28. Thank you Book your demo today. email@example.com Next months webinar topic: Motivating Service Desk agents to create better employee experience. Sign-up to newsletter to get invite at http://happynowltd.com/ Meet us at: ITSMf UK Sofitel London Heathrow 21st – 22nd Nov Stand # 01 Meet us at: ITSMf Finland Crownplaza, Helsinki 10th Nov